Saturday 17 October 2015

Birthday Celebrations at Farm Sanctuary.

This past weekend(posted this on my birthday date) it was my Birthday and what I most wanted was to spend the day with some loving animals. Obviously these are still animals who some of them are still stressed, and have issues that are trying to heal from. Most were not born there but came to the Sanctuary from various heart-wrenching circumstances. However I was happy that I got to spend the day with them, and also be able to do some own healing from the horrendous everyday stuff I see. Sanctuaries are both healing to the visitor and to the animals. To my luck too, visiting one of the most well known sanctuaries in the world I got to have the place almost all to myself. Very quiet day, which I am grateful for and got to spend lots of time just being with the animals, even if most of it was from a distance. Was so lovely to see animals be themselves. No one is forced to eat x amount of grain cause they need to get fat so they can be killed. Animals could do what they pleased, how they wanted, etc. I spent a large amount of time there and would spent even longer if I could. If it was a weather wise better day I would of easily gotten 10x the amount of photos I got. Did my soul good to see cows just enjoying the fields no rush or need to eat so much because their is no rush for them to get the weight. When you spend week after week seeing animals on their way to be slaughtered and you connect with some of them and then next thing you know it in a few minutes they will be dead its heartbreaking my soul was in deep need of connecting with some lovely beings and also to get to know them better as I think getting hands on experience with these animals is a crucial ingredient to my advocacy for them. It was a lovely day.

Also if you have not yet heard or not following they recently rescued close or about 200 animals from a backyard butcher. The mama and piglets were one of the rescues. Most of the animals are sick, have infections, or are going to need treatment or surgery of some sort so they really are in need to donations to help pay for those things. If you would like to donate please check their official facebook page on how you can make donation to contribute to all the expenses. Please also check additional sanctuaries who are also taking animals in from this horrendous situations. Farm Sanctuary Facebook

Two of the others are Woodstock Farm Sanctuary, and Catskill Animal Sanctuary

To view the full album please visit my facebook page you can access the album → HERE

A selection of a few of my favorite photos
(If you're not on facebook here are the official websites to the sanctuaries farm sanctuaries link takes you straight to the story of the rescue. Farm SanctuaryWoodstock Farm SanctuaryCatskill Animal Sanctuary)

If you wish to see bigger please click on the photo! :)



  

 


 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *